Sugar Baby Allowance Guide: All You Should Know About Sugar Price Setting
Everyone knows that sugar babies get paid, but only people who’ve already become part of the sugar world know the main principles of price setting. This information, however, is incredibly important for sugar babies and sugar babies who’re considering the idea of starting a mutually beneficial relationship, and they can find it here—in our sugar baby allowance guide.
What is a sugar baby allowance? Types of sugar payments
Sugar dating is defined as compensated dating. Though sugar babies and sugar daddies have an authentic relationship, which means they go on dates, chat online and in real life, have intimacy and enjoy their companionship, money is always involved. There are two main types of payment in the sugar world:
- Sugar baby monthly allowance. This is a fixed amount of money that a sugar daddy pays to a sugar baby. The average allowance in the US is around $4,000-4,500 now, in 2024, but the cost can range from $1,000 to $9,000-$10,000, depending on many different factors that we’ll list and explain in this guide later.
- “Pay Per Meet” or PPM allowance. Sugar baby who’s seeing many sugar daddies instead of dating one man usually chooses PPM, and so is the sugar daddy who isn’t going to start a long-term relationship and meet a sugar baby regularly. The average PPM rate is around $500, but again, it can range from $100 to $1,000 or even more.
In addition to that, there may be variations of how a sugar baby receives money. For example, sugar baby weekly allowance, monthly allowance plus a certain number of gifts, PPM with occasional gifts, etc. It’s always up to a couple, which is why sugar babies and sugar daddies always negotiate the payment before they actually start dating.
Sugar baby allowance calculation
Need a sugar baby allowance calculator? We estimated the approximate costs and considered all the most important things that can affect the price that an average sugar daddy can pay and the average sugar baby can earn, so take a look at the tables below.
How much does a sugar daddy pay per meet? Take a look at the following estimations:
|Type of a date
|What to expect
|Average PPM rate for big cities
|Average PPM rate for smaller cities and towns
|First encounter/just chatting
|Regular sugar date with intimacy
|Dinner, conversation, sex
|All of the above-mentioned plus night together
Note that it’s hard to say what exactly the average PPM rate is. A lot of things depend not only on the city but also on many different parameters, circumstances, and qualities, for example, on your communication skills. Moreover, there are sugar daddies who always pay the same amount of money for a date, for instance, the average of $500 for the first date and even the date without sex ( for example, when a sugar baby for some reason can’t have it this day but a sugar daddy still wants to meet her). It’s highly subjective, but these figures can help you set the right price.
Monthly allowance calculation
Regular sugar baby salary can be different, too. On sugar dating sites, most sugar babies will ask for at least $2,000, but there will be sugar babies who demand $6,000, and there’ll be sugar daddies ready to pay sugar baby $9,000 or even more. So how to set the price? Take a look at the table below—it can be helpful.
|Type of sugar dating
|What to expect from a relationship
|Average monthly allowance for big cities
|Average monthly allowance for smaller cities and towns
|Platonic sugar dating
|Platonic dates, communication, conversations, friendship
|Online sugar dating
|Long-distance or online relationships, no real meetings, virtual sex
|Regular sugar dating (non-exclusive)
|Long-term relationships with regular but not too frequent dates (with sex)
|Long-term sugar relationship with trips together and frequent meetings
|Long-term relationships with frequent dates and deep emotional connections, trips together, attending events, etc.
As you can see, sugar daddy allowances vary. Newbie sugar babies who date sugar daddies in smaller cities can expect only $1,000-$2,000 with occasional gifts, which is just a weekly allowance for some experienced sugar babies. Moreover, sometimes, even experience and the city aren’t that important since, in small cities, there can be a sugar baby earning $5,000 a month, while a sugar baby’s allowance for a girl from NYC will be just $2,500. We describe the things that affect the price below, but it’s also about how you evaluate yourself and how you negotiate. As for sugar daddies, the number of options is endless—everything depends on what kind of sugar baby they’d like to date and how much they’re going to pay. As you can see, a sugar daddy paying $5,000 can find a sugar baby easily, and so can a sugar daddy who offers $2,000.
PPM vs. monthly sugar baby allowance: what to choose?
Now you know what is a reasonable sugar baby allowance and PPM rate, but what type of payment will be more beneficial for you personally? We have some recommendations both for sugar babies and sugar daddies.
Recommendations for a sugar baby
Choose sugar babies allowance if you:
- Are going to date one sugar daddy for a long period of time
- Don’t like to go on many dates with different men
- Are looking for stability and want to earn a fixed amount of money every month
- Want your sugar daddy to pay your rent, your gym membership, etc.
Choose PPM if you:
- Would prefer to have many sugar daddies and meet them from time to time, not on a regular basis
- Realize the demand is high and you’ll make more money a month, getting $500 per every date
- Aren’t afraid to earn less in so-called “bad” months
Recommendations for a sugar daddy
Choose sugar allowances if you:
- Are going to start a long-term relationship with one sugar baby
- Don’t want to spend too much time chatting, negotiating, and going on dates with new ladies all the time
- Are looking for regular and frequent meetings with a sugar baby and don’t want to spend too much on dates
Choose PPM if you:
- Aren’t going to date one sugar baby but would like to meet different women
- Realize you can hardly fall for one sugar baby or plan to switch to a monthly allowance if it happens
- Aren’t looking for frequent dates with one sugar baby
Allowance by type of sugar relationship
Though all sugar relationships are pretty similar just because it’s always companionship and intimacy in exchange for financial compensation, each couple is free to set their own rules, creating different types of sugar arrangements. There are the following types of sugar relationships, and they largely determine the amount of money a sugar daddy will pay or a sugar baby will get. So let’s take a look at those.
- Exclusive or non-exclusive sugar relationship. A lot of sugar babies are dating 2-3 sugar daddies at the same time. For some men, it’s completely normal, but if a sugar daddy wants something truly exclusive, he’ll need to cover all expenses of a sugar baby or sugar babies he’s currently dating.
- Long-term sugar relationship with regular meetings. Most men pay a really good sugar daddy allowance to sugar babies they’re seeing regularly and dating for long periods of time.
- Short-term sugar relationship with PPM. A sugar baby who chooses this type of payment can also earn enough money even without getting a sugar daddy allowance, but in this case, she can’t have an exclusive relationship, and her income largely depends on the number of dates per month.
- Platonic/online sugar relationship. Online sugar babies and platonic sugar babies are usually the lowest-paid professionals, even despite the fact they can have virtual sex with their online long-distance sugar daddies. Platonic sugar daddies are extremely hard to find, but the payment is much lower, too—usually, it’s around $800-$1,000 per month.
Now you know how the type of relationship affects the price—choose the one that seems best for you to get a generous sugar daddy allowance.
Factors affecting sugar baby allowance
So, what affects the amount of money that a sugar daddy pays and a sugar baby receives? There are multiple factors, and below, we will explain the most important of them.
- Age and appearance of a sugar baby. These are the primary factors to consider, and actually, age is less important. There are sugar daddies dating sugar babies in their 30s and even in their 40s, but it depends on how good-looking (and charming) they actually are.
- Age and appearance of a sugar daddy. Believe it or not, it matters, too. Younger and more attractive sugar daddies can pay a lower price, and they know it. They can find vanilla girlfriends more easily than other sugar daddies, and there are more sugar babies who want to date them, and this affects the cost.
- Location. The principle is simple—you’ll get or pay a higher sugar baby allowance if you live in a big city like NYC or Miami and less in small towns. Still, it would be wrong to say that location is the most important thing that affects the price—sometimes, a sugar baby from Detroit gets twice as much as a sugar baby from New York.
- Personal charm, education, and intelligence of a sugar baby. This is another thing that all sugar babies and sugar daddies should consider—sugar dating isn’t just sex. Couples spend a lot of time together and stay with each other if they have what to talk about, so intelligence and conversation skills matter for all sugar babies who want to make a bit more than their competitors.
- Negotiation skills. As a sugar baby, you can use the my-previous-sugar-daddy-paid-me trick, and as a sugar daddy, you can emphasize that you’re going to treat her with respect and care. It’s all about negotiation skills, so you can make the price much higher or lower depending on what’s more beneficial for you.
- Type of a sugar relationship and special conditions. Exclusivity, non-exclusivity, frequency of dates, as well any kind of special conditions matter and directly affect the price.
Consider all these things before getting into a sugar relationship. Knowing average sugar baby allowances is great, but it’s always subjective, so you need to set your own price based on the things that we’ve mentioned above.
We hope you found the answers to all your questions in our sugar baby allowance guide. As we’ve noted previously, the sugar baby allowance range is between $1,000 and $10,000, and a lot of things depend on a sugar baby, a sugar daddy, their location, and many other factors. Just consider your expectations, your qualities, as well as the qualities of a partner you’re looking for, and set your price.
It’s hard to say what the average sugar baby allowance is just because the price depends on many different factors. In particular, on the type of payment, your location, and the type of relationship you’re going to start with a sugar baby or a sugar daddy. It ranges from $1,000 to $8,000-$10,000 per month, so the average allowance in the United States is around $4,000.
It depends on a lot of different things, from the city you and your sugar baby live in to the type of relationship that you’re going to start. Still, the average sugar baby allowance is around $4,000 per month or $500 per date.
There’s no fixed price for sugar dating. You need to consider multiple factors, such as your location, age, looks, and the type of relationship you’re looking for. You can find more detailed information on all the factors in this guide, but the average sugar baby monthly allowance is around $4,000, while the average PPM rate is $500.