Sugar Daddy & Baby Relationship Expectations
Sugar dating is now considered a common practice in modern society, but the truth is that most people still don’t know enough about the actual rules of sugar relationships and the expectations of both sugar daddies and sugar babies.
So, what do sugar daddies expect? What do sugar babies really want from their benefactors? And what you definitely shouldn’t expect from a sugar relationship? Find out all the answers in this guide.
What to expect from a relationship as a sugar daddy?
Many people assume that a sugar daddy relationship expectations are super clear—they all just want to date a younger woman and have sex in return for money, right? In fact, it’s not exactly true. If you’re looking for a potential sugar daddy or are going to become a sugar daddy yourself, take a look at the things that most rich men actually expect and, most importantly, get:
- Many positive emotions and the complete absence of negative ones. This is what sugar dating is about. A sugar daddy is always looking for a sugar date who’ll become his perfect girlfriend—fun, optimistic, supportive, charming, and a good listener who’ll never get jealous or try to control him.
- Honesty, transparency, and respect for privacy. According to the data provided, at the time when it was a sugar dating site (now it’s a casual dating platform), around 34% of sugar daddies were married, and this number has hardly changed. Moreover, most SDs don’t even hide this fact from their partners. Sugar babies usually know that their sugar daddies are expecting them to be careful and their relationship to be secret.
- Charm, intelligence, youth, and beauty. Is a sugar daddy interested in finding a young and attractive woman? Yes, it’s natural in the sugar world—it would be just wrong to deny it.
- Intimacy. When a sugar daddy and sugar baby start a relationship, they act pretty much like a regular couple, meaning intimacy is included.
So, these are the main sugar daddy expectations, and if a SD meets the right sugar baby, he will surely get what he wants.
What to expect from a relationship as a sugar baby?
Of course, sugar babies have expectations, too, and contrary to popular belief, they’re not just looking for a rich guy who’d be able to do whatever he wants to do if he’s ready to pay for it. So here are the things that most sugar babies really expect:
- Regular payments. Some people think that only a sugar baby has obligations, but that has nothing to do with reality. In the sugar dating culture, both partners should follow the terms of their arrangement. Yes, financial support is the main motivation for many women, and a sugar baby tries to avoid Splenda daddies, Salt daddies, and sugar daddies who don’t take their financial obligations seriously.
- Mutual understanding and respect. A good sugar daddy never treats a sugar baby as a sex worker—an authentic sugar relationship is a relationship between two people who like and respect each other. Though it’s not love, it’s companionship, friendship, and affection, and if partners respect each other, the time they spend together will be very satisfying for both.
- Good relationship without deep commitment. There are a lot of things sugar babies like about a sugar daddy relationship—it’s romance, new impressions, new opportunities, and freedom. Both partners know they are together because it’s fun, not because they have any other obligations.
Now you know the main sugar baby expectations, and again, if a sugar baby finds the right sugar daddy, she’ll be happy even in a mutually beneficial relationship.
Main differences between reality and expectations
Still, many potential sugar daddies and beginner sugar babies may have certain illusions about sugar dating. So here are the 5 most common of them, so if you’re going to start a sugar life, take a close look at them:
- You’ll find a sugar baby or a sugar daddy effortlessly and fast—the competition is high, so it’ll take time to find an aspiring sugar baby or a dream sugar baby.
- No one will try to scam you—if you like the sugar lifestyle, you need to learn the safety rules. Protect your data, don’t trust people who offer you money or anything else without asking for something in return, and meet potential partners in public places.
- There’ll be a lot of top models who’d like to date you for $1,000 a month—this is one of the least realistic sugar daddy expectations.
- Rich men will shower you with high-end gifts on every date—and here are the least realistic expectations of a sugar baby.
- You’ll start sugar relationships, and one day, you’ll find your love—everything is possible, but in 90% of cases, it never happens.
A sugar arrangement is always a mutually beneficial agreement, and often, it’s not that easy to find a good partner. Just consider that to have realistic sugar baby or sugar daddy relationship expectations and, therefore, a happy and healthy relationship.
What to expect from your first sugar daddy date?
Actually, you shouldn’t expect anything extraordinary—it’s pretty much like a regular date of two people who met each other online, got to know each other a bit better on the site, and met in real life to make sure there’s that chemistry between them.
The rest is the same, too—if you like each other, you can kiss or get even more intimate, that’s pretty common, but it’s not a sugar baby’s obligation or duty. In fact, sugar babies can delay or end intimacy—this is what distinguishes sugar dating from prostitution. Also, in most cases, a man still pays for the first date, too, and though the price can be lower, such dates are rarely free. Ideally, a sugar daddy and a sugar baby should discuss it before the date.
What does a sugar daddy expect from a relationship? What are the sugar baby’s expectations? Now you know the answers to these questions, so use this information to develop your own realistic expectations, avoid problems and disappointments, and have the best dating experience with your sugar daddy or sugar baby.
In most cases, sugar daddy expectations are pretty easy to understand. Rich men are looking for relationships with younger, attractive women but try to avoid the common negative aspects of traditional dating, like jealousy, control, lies, etc. First and foremost, a sugar daddy expects to have a transparent, mutually beneficial relationship without deep commitment but with all the things people who are in vanilla relationships have—dates, conversations, fun, intimacy, friendship, etc.
Generally speaking, a sugar baby is looking for two things—fun and money. Experienced sugar babies note that it’s impossible to have a good time with a man you’re dating if you don’t like him at all, so in most cases, ladies actually like their benefactors and see such a relationship as a way for both to enjoy the casual relationship, earn money, and get things and experiences they could never afford before.
It depends on a lot of things, from your location to your age and education. Still, an average monthly allowance in most big cities is $2,500, while the PPM rate is around $400.
Don’t expect love, deep commitment, or money that generous men will give you for nothing (that’s what scammers offer, actually). You also shouldn’t expect the hottest sugar babies willing to date you despite you offering twice as low an allowance as the average allowance in the market. Finally, don’t expect you will be able not to follow the terms of your arrangement, whatever it is, from discreteness to exclusivity.