What Is The NSA Meaning? A Full No Strings Attached Relationship Guide
Wondering what does NSA stand for and what is the NSA meaning? Want to understand the rules of no strings attached relationship better and to find out what are the differences between NSA and friends with benefits? You’ll find all the answers to your questions here!
What does NSA mean?
NSA stands for No Strings Attached—having an NSA relationship meaning having a purely sexual relationship with someone, nothing more than that. It’s not the same thing as FWB (Friends With Benefits)—we’ll talk about the differences later.
What does the NSA do?
It’s a good option for those who don’t want to make things romantic. If you’re physically attracted to a person and she (or he) is physically attracted to you, if you two want to have some fun in the bedroom without making serious mistakes, if you don’t want to make things complicated—in this case, an NSA relationship is a perfect idea.
By the way, being in such a kind of mutually beneficial relationship doesn’t mean you can’t meet other people, and that’s one of the main rules of NSA (Urban Dictionary can vouch for this, too). We’ll talk about the No Strings Attached rules later, but this one is not just a rule, it’s also one of the main reasons why people have NSA relationships. If you don’t want to be exclusive with a person you are sexually attracted to, NSA is a great choice.
Friends With Benefits vs No Strings Attached
As we’ve said earlier, NSA is not the same thing as FWB. Let’s talk about the top 3 differences between Friends With Benefits and No Strings Attached relationships:
- FWB is for friends—it’s a sex-only relationship with your existing friend, a person you already know. NSA is, in turn, a relationship that starts with sex, not with friendship (and typically doesn’t turn into friendship or something romantic).
- According to some studies, about 20% of FWBs turn into long-term romantic relationships—obviously, the chances are much lower when we’re talking about NSA relationships.
- NSA is strictly about sex. No expectations, no exclusivity, no going out to dinner, etc. FWB does not imply expectations or exclusivity either, but people know each other and trust each other for (usually) a long time in an FWB relationship.
Where to find an NSA relationship?
Many people are open to NSA relationships, but if you are looking for the most effective ways of finding a partner, your best option is to join one of the specialized sugar dating websites. Here is the list of the best ones:
- —The site for instant communication with other NSA lovers near you
- —Free-to-join website, with intimidating secret albums and messaging feature
- —The most popular platform for NSA and mutually beneficial relationships
Using a specialized NSA website will save you a lot of time, as you connect to like-minded people and not waste time on someone who doesn’t share your dating goals.
No Strings Attached: Rules
When it comes to the No Strings Attached rules, they are not set in stone—you can edit them, change them, and add your own ones according to your preferences. However, there are 5 rules that must be followed:
- Respect freedom. It’s the main thing when it comes to an NSA relationship—you don’t judge and control your partner, your partner doesn’t judge and control you.
- Protection is a must in NSA relationships. Usually, this question is discussed beforehand.
- No family events, friend parties, etc—it’s only about sex, nothing more than that.
- If you start developing feelings (jealousy, control, checking their Instagram profiles, etc), it’s time to move on.
- Discuss the boundaries (random messages, public meetings, etc) in advance.
5 Reasons to try NSA relationships
Simplicity is not the only advantage of NSA relationships. Let’s talk about the benefits of NSA in more detail.
- It’s a perfect option for those who want to try something new and to get out of the box. If your previous relationship felt too “conventional”, you might like NSA.
- You can see other people if you want to and you don’t need to delete your Tinder profile while you’re in a NSA relationship. If that sounds interesting, NSA is totally the right thing for you!
- No judgment. If you have always been interested in some kinky fun, you can try it in your NSA relationship.
- It’s honest. You can be 100% honest about what you’re looking for and about what you really need from your partner. There’s no need to play games in an NSA relationship; that’s the deal.
- Ending an NSA relationship is easy, too. No one likes to break up, right? But if you’re in an NSA relationship, you can forget about that part.
FIND OUT MORE—How to Find a Sugar Baby? Best Ways and Simple Guide
Is no strings attached dating worth trying?
A no-strings-attached relationship is perfect for those who are looking for sex-only and for those who currently don’t want to have romantic relationships. If you feel like it can work for you, go for it—just don’t forget about those 5 extremely important rules.