What Is SD/SB Relationship? Guide On Mutually Beneficial Relationship
Wondering what is a sugar daddy-sugar baby relationship? Want to understand how many sugar daddies and sugar babies are there in the US? Want to know more about the pros and cons of mutually beneficial relationships? Continue reading then—we’ll tell you all the truth about an SD/SB relationship.
What Is SD/SB Relationship?
SD SB relationship is a mutually beneficial arrangement between two partners—a sugar baby and a sugar daddy.
In sugar dating, sugar babies get money in exchange for companionship and sugar daddies get a no-drama relationship with a young and attractive woman. Everyone is honest about the goals, everyone gets their benefits—that’s why sugar relationships are called “mutually beneficial”. To make sure we understand the terms correctly, let’s start with separate definitions.
Who is SD or Sugar Daddy?
A sugar daddy, or SD, is a male partner of a sugar baby. Women can also have a sugar baby, but then they are called sugar mommas. Normally, sugar daddies are wealthy, established men who are mature and usually older than their SBs. They may have different relationship statuses: single, in a relationship, divorced, married, or widowed.
Sugar daddies seek sugar relationships to have a no-strings-attached kind of a relationship which can be asexual or sexual companionship. They are also willing to provide financial support and may provide other bonuses for their SBs. Also, it’s important to know that there are SD of different types, which include: Honey daddy, Sugar daddy, Splenda daddy, and Salt daddy. They differ in what relationships they seek and what they can afford. Now when you know what sugar daddy is, you can be confident in starting your sugar daddy lifestyle.
Who is SB or Sugar Baby?
Sugar babies or SBs are usually young and gorgeous women, who are looking for a daddy to spoil them. However, men can also be sugar babies. Being a sugar baby is not just about looking good, yet it’s very important, it’s about having a strong sense of self, confidence, being mature, and interesting. Many sugar babies are college-age or ladies in their twenties who need financial support or/and look for mentorship. They know what they want and are open to negotiating a mutually beneficial arrangement on a PPM or allowance basis. What is sugar baby might seem questionable, but being and having a sugar baby is completely legal, as a woman is not paid just for sexual activities.
How to start SD/SB relationship?
If you want to start a sugar relationship, then ideally, you should go to specialized sugar dating sites where each member is looking for a specific sugar relationship.
- is a site with a vast selection of sugar daddies and mommies. The site has several million profiles from Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada, all looking for various sugar relationships.
- is an excellent choice for beginners because even someone who has never used dating sites will understand the site’s interface. The design is simple and maximally conducive to dating, and the search contains all the necessary filters.
- is a site that carefully monitors the safety of users. It uses special software that protects profiles from being hacked. is also loved for having a mobile app.
Types of sugar arrangement
There are different types of sugar arrangement. Here’s what you should know about them:
- Mentorship. This type of sugar relationship suits ambitious girls and men who are willing to share their experiences, advice, and connections. Such a connection can be beneficial and exciting for both parties and unique. If you are a sugar baby, think carefully about the kind of mentoring you need and what kind of man can give you that.
- Companionship. Sugar relationships are varied, and sometimes they involve only friendship. It is especially true when sugar daddy (mommy) and sugar baby are in love with a particular hobby and can make a perfect match for each other. Also, this type of relationship can be chosen for joint outings, walking, playing sports.
- Traveling. Many sugar daddies don’t have the opportunity to make time for relationships other than personal travel and business trips. To accompany your partner on travels, you need to have an easy-going, cheerful nature and be open to new adventures.
- Sexual relationship. Relationships created just for sex are not sugar relationships, but there is a kind of sugar dating where sex plays an important role. Sexual relationships are the closest to classical dating. If you want to start such a relationship, it’s better to immediately discuss what sugar daddy wants to receive. You must understand that both have the right to vote—this is the difference between sugar relationships and escorts.
- Online relationship. It means correspondence, Skype communication, and another virtual flirting. Suitable as an option for beginners who are not sure if a sugar relationship is for them or for people who are satisfied with a virtual relationship. This type of connection also exists, and it’s great.
Mutually beneficial relationships: How common are they in the US?
The total number of sugar babies, as well as sugar daddies, is not revealed because this topic is sensitive for both babies and daddies. However, we can safely say that the total number of sugar babies in the US is higher than 11,000,000 and at least 8,700,000 of them are female sugar babies. As for sugar daddies and sugar mommas, the numbers are lower—at least 2,100,000 and 370,000 respectively. This information is provided by Seeking Arrangement, the biggest SD/SB relationship website in the world—according to the same source, more than 3,000,000 sugar babies are college and university students (according to the British survey, sugar dating is the second most popular money-based relationship type students tried, only beaten by getting money through selling intimate photos).
SD/SB relationship: Why do people prefer the SD/SB type of relationship?
Different people want different things, and the motivation of most sugar daddies and sugar babies is clear. According to the study published in 2019, there are 7 types of sugar relationships from sex work to companionship (platonic intimacy that is built through dates). This study clearly shows what most sugar daddies want: some of them are focused on sex, some want to get more emotional involvement from a woman, some are looking for a sugar baby to be friends with benefits, etc. As for sugar babies, the motivation is always clear—money. Some need to make their monthly payment, some want to live a better life, the others want to get their bills paid, etc. They get paid to go on dates with a rich woman or a rich man, that’s all.
Sugar daddy relationship: Pros and cons of companionship for money
First, let’s talk about the pros of the sugar daddy relationship:
- Sugar babies get their bills paid, buy brand new clothes, and pay off their student loans.
- Sugar daddies get no drama, no strings attached relationships with an attractive young woman.
- The expectations and the boundaries are always clear and discussed beforehand.
But mutually beneficial relationships are not perfect. Let’s talk about the downsides of an SD/SB relationship:
- Dating a sugar baby is not the same thing as having a real boyfriend—such relationships are always temporary and an SD can end them without any warning.
- It’s almost always about sex. It’s extremely rare to find online-only relationships for money or offline sugar relationships without sex.
The “mutually beneficial relationship” definition suggests benefits for all the parties involved. SBs get financial support, SDs get relationships without drama, the boundaries are always clear, and everyone gets what they want—but obviously, this lifestyle is not for everyone and you need to understand it very clearly before you start sugaring.