Are Sugar Daddies Safe, Or Is Being A Sugar Baby Safe?—True Answers
Any relationship that starts online comes with certain risks, and sugar dating is not an exception. This is why if you’ve been wondering, ‘Are sugar daddies safe?’ or ‘Is having a sugar daddy safe?’, read on, and you’ll get answers based on the realities of the sugar lifestyle.
Here are some working tips on behaving online to keep your safety to the maximum.
- Don’t use your real name. Creating a SB or SD/SM profile makes a separate sugar identity. Create an interesting nickname that will show your personality, but be honest about your appearance. As no sugar relationship will go anywhere if any of the parties get catfished.
- Don’t use photos that you post elsewhere online. We understand that sometimes it’s hard to get a lot of nice photos, but reusing pictures from your social media accounts makes you an easy target. Avoid using photos where it’s easy to spot your living area or house. Also, some users prefer to blur their images and grant access to unblurred pickles only after messaging.
- Don’t share your bank information. Use PayPal to send or receive help. Some recommend not to send any money to SB before you meet IRL. But there are tons of digital sugar babies and daddies who have a long-distance relationship or are solely making a platonic online arrangement.
- Have a burner phone. Some babies and daddies after a while prefer to switch to texting. Don’t share the private number that you use in everyday life; get a number exclusively for sugar dating, or you can always use Google’s voice phone number.
- Don’t give your address to receive gifts. Your location is key to safety, so if you receive any gifts or deliveries, use a PO box.
So, is being a sugar baby safe?
Yes! As well as being a sugar daddy is. Registering to reliable sugar dating sites with thousands of members, like Seeking Arrangement or SugarDaddy.com, is the best way to lead a sugar lifestyle safely.
But sugar relationships are not limited to the online world, as most are actually happening offline. Most offline behavior advice is aimed at sugar babies, as they are usually more vulnerable when it comes to the safety of offline dates. Here is some advice on offline protection.
- First couple of dates must be in public places. Let your friend or family member know where you are on a date, so they can check in on you and react if needed. If you don’t want them to know about your sugar dates, you can say that you are on a regular date. Also, if you don’t 100% trust your SD, never go to a private or hotel room with him.
- Set clear boundaries. Negotiating a clear agreement on the sugar relationship is important at the online stage, but also make sure that you communicate what you are not comfortable with. If the SD doesn’t accept your rules, he is probably not the right person for you.
- Guard your drink. Don’t drink alcohol as it could affect your common sense, and never drink a beverage you let out of your sight. It can easily be spiked with various drugs.
- Question of intimacy. Sex issues should be around the first things you talk about prior to actual meetings. Nowadays, platonic sugar relationships are rare and most have certain levels of intimacy. But more and more older daddies opt for digital sugar babies in times of the pandemic. If you choose to go for a sexual sugar relationship, discuss your boundaries, and any sexual activities must be done under mutual consent.
Sugar dating scam
Unfortunately, scamming happens in this niche, but we have prepared guides on how to avoid being scammed. Here is the list of helpful guides:
- How to become a sugar daddy. Step-by-step guide for established men who want to find a gorgeous woman for a non-strigs-attached relationship.
- How to become a sugar momma. Short recommendations on the best way of becoming a sugar momma and finding your male sugar baby.
- How to become a sugar baby. A guide for both men and women who are open and want to try sugar dating.
Use our guides to become a sugar baby, daddy, or momma safely and find your sugar partner in the most effective way.
So, is sugar dating safe? It comes with risks, but it is a fun, mutually beneficial experience if done right.