How to Become a Sugar Daddy: Rules of Being a Good Sugar Daddy
The sugar lifestyle is not for everyone, as it requires knowing the peculiarities of the sugar game and dedication to keep up with it. If you’re wondering how to become a sugar daddy or how much money you need to make in order to do so, we can help. We’ll answer all of your burning questions here in our in-depth sugar daddy guide.
Best Sugar Dating Sites To Start Sugar Dating
Check out the top 5 best sugar dating sites that can help you start online as a sugar daddy.
1. Secret Benefits
It is a large sugar dating site with over 16M monthly visits and 4.4 stars on Trustpilot. Secret Benefits is a niche platform that connects sugar daddies with hot sugar babies worldwide. The sugar daddy dating site is free to join. It has strict profile verification and easy-to-use communication features. Secret Benefits runs on a credit system with the cost of credits starting at $59 per 100 credits, which means there are no obligatory monthly payments. At the same time, free membership on Secret Benefits is quite limited, and users can’t get a full experience without paying.
Another specialized sugar dating site is popular among sugar daddies and babies. It has over 600K monthly visits and is mostly used in the US, Canada, and the UK. The sleek design and user-friendly interface make using SugarDaddy.com really easy, regardless if you have experience in sugar dating. Becoming a member is free, and after registration, members can browse profiles, see public photos of other members, and request and grant access to secret albums for free. But to use messaging and some other advanced features on SugarDaddy, users need credits that cost $0.29 in the Best Value pack.
3. Ashley Madison
This online dating site is meant not just strictly for sugar relationships, as many people are interested in a discreet relationship, NSA relationship, or casual dating. Ashley Madison is very popular and has over 10M monthly visits. Becoming a sugar daddy or sugar baby is free, as you don’t need to pay to create a profile. After, you can enjoy all services provided on the site, including an effective search with filters to get the best sugar baby or instant chat. But to enjoy advanced features, sugar daddies are required to pay in credits. The cost per credit in the best value pack (Classic, 500 credits) is $0.34 per credit.
It is another sugar daddy site that is popular in the sugar dating community and has over 700K monthly visits. SugarDaddyMeet offers various communication tools like winks, likes, and messages that facilitate easy communication with potential sugar babies. Also, the sugar daddy site has an anonymous mode for very private members and quite detailed profiles to find the most compatible match fast. SugarDaddyMeet is subscription-based with monthly payments ranging from $50 to $24.
A unique concept of bidding on the platform helps it stand out among the best sugar daddy sites. The platform has an average of 1M monthly visits and many active sugar daddies and sugar babies with a male to female ratio of 20:80. It’s easy to become a sugar daddy on WhatsYourPrice, as it’s free to join and after registration, members can choose profiles they like and make bids for the first date. The sugar daddy site is also credit based, with 100 credits costing $50.
Who is a sugar daddy?
If you wonder how to become a sugar daddy, you should know what it takes to be a sugar daddy.
|Sugar daddy is||Sugar daddy isn’t|
|An established man who knows what he wants from life||A young man looking for hookups|
|A guy who seeks mutually beneficial relationships||Someone who seeks love or just sex|
|Someone who is ready to provide financial support and/or additional perks like mentorship, tuition cost paid, etc.||Someone who is not ready to invest in a woman|
How does a sugar daddy work?
- An average sugar daddy makes $250,000 annually
- An average sugar baby’s monthly allowance is about $2,800 and PPM is around $300-500
Sugar relationships are usually considered ‘fancy prostitution,’ which is a huge misconception. First of all, it’s not illegal to become a sugar daddy as sugar arrangements are not prostitution if a sugar baby doesn’t receive money for intimacy. In such a case, it can be considered sex work.
In traditional meaning, sugar relationships are mutually beneficial relationships between established wealthy men and beautiful young women. The arrangement is mutually beneficial as sugar babies seek financial support, mentorship, and other perks of sugar daddy relationships, while wealthy men want a hot date with a young woman, without drama and the pressure of becoming serious.
Financial support from a sugar daddy offer comes in the form of a monthly allowance or PPM, predominantly depending on how long the relationship lasts. And the amount of money a sugar baby gets depends on the type of sugar relationship, location, and generosity of a sugar daddy. To learn more about different types of sugar relationships, read this.
Things you need to know before being a sugar daddy
To learn how to become a sugar daddy and make your future mutually beneficial relationship with an attractive woman work, learn the most important info about the peculiarities of sugar relationships.
How old is a typical sugar daddy?
The stereotype that a sugar daddy is 60+ is not true, as there are many rich men who enjoy sugar dating and are much younger. As there are no official statistics and the best sugar daddy sites don’t store information on their members, it’s hard to define a certain age.
How rich does a sugar daddy need to be?
There is no certain sum that is required in order to be a sugar daddy, as it more comes to the liquidity of your funds and desires to help your attractive woman financially.
Many sugar daddies have $500,000 or $250,000 yearly income, which is great. But there are honey daddies who make double the amount and can provide more to their sugar babies.
But if you make $150,000 or $100,000 annually, there is nothing wrong with that, and you can still find many beautiful women who want to have a sugar arrangement with you.
How do sugar daddies usually pay their sugar babies?
Most sugar daddies provide pay in the form of a weekly/bi-monthly/monthly allowance or PPM. The difference between the two is quite straightforward, as with the first form, a sugar baby gets money for a certain period, regardless of how many times she and her sugar daddy meet. And with the second option, a sugar daddy pays for a date.
Most sugar daddies pay in cash, but gift cards and money apps like Venmo or PayPal are also popular (the last is especially used with foreign women). The choice of payment method is dictated by safety, as those ways are the most untraceable.
Remember: An essential part of how to become a sugar daddy lies in always caring for the privacy of your personal information.
Where and how can you find a sugar baby?
Generally, there are two ways to find a sugar baby:
- Offline. On the popular spots of sugar babies like restaurants, nightclubs, or malls.
- Online. On sugar daddy dating sites, traditional dating sites like Tinder or Bumble, social media sites, or even Craigslist.
Even though there are many options available, the most effective and fastest way to start sugar dating as a sugar daddy is through specialized sugar dating websites. But let’s delve deeper into how to actually become a sugar daddy as a rich man.
How to become a sugar daddy?
If you are confident about your income and desire to start a mutually beneficial arrangement with a younger woman, here is a step-by-step guide on how to be a good sugar daddy online.
How to become a sugar daddy?
- Choose a reliable sugar dating site
Pick only among the best sugar daddy websites, like those we reviewed earlier, to pick a platform that will be secure and specialized in a particular type of relationship you seek. Also, pay attention to ID/photo/video verification of profiles to connect with only legit sugar babies interested in real-life meetings and not scammers.
- Create a credible profile
Many sugar babies are extra cautious when picking a sugar daddy as they are more vulnerable in the situation. To make your potential sugar partner comfortable with agreeing to go on a first date, make sure to appear trustworthy. To do that: fill in your profile, add 5-7 photos, and provide proofs of your sugar daddy qualifications.
- Look for the best matches
Modern sugar daddy websites offer effective search tools for meeting sugar babies who are the most compatible, as they provide filters that allow tailoring the database of members to your preferences.
- Approach beautiful women you like
The advice is to pick 2-5 sugar babies and then choose a young woman you like the most. Be ready that you will approach more attractive women than actually going on a date. Some messages will get no replies, and that’s okay, as competition for the best sugar babies is high. Even though the gender division on most sugar dating platforms is more beneficial to sugar daddies, you also need to put some effort in to get the hottest sugar baby.
- Go on sugar dates
Online dating is fun, and you might have great online chemistry with a particular woman, but that doesn’t mean that you both will have it in real life. This is why a good sugar daddy always tries to move relationships from sugar sites to actual dates, like fancy dinners in public places in the early stages of the relationship. And that’s the answer to how to become a sugar daddy via a sugar dating site. There is nothing hard if you pick the right place for your sugar arrangements.
How to be successful on sugar daddy sites?
As we already mentioned, you are going to have some competition on sugar dating sites, as hot younger women are quickly ‘taken.’ To become a successful sugar daddy and don’t waste a lot of time on the search, you need to follow our advice:
- Make your profile informative but don’t write essays. Don’t share too much personal information: people just won’t read it all.
- Communicate your dating goals. If you are into a particular form of sugar dating or have certain desires for your SB, tell about it. Being specific will save you from replying to people not interested in a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Provide proofs. Most SBs try to avoid dating a Salt daddy or Splenda daddy, as they can’t meet the desires of ladies. So, to appear more trustworthy, give numbers and showcase your luxury lifestyle.
Sometimes putting yourself out there by making a quality profile is what makes you successful in sugar dating. But we also recommend being active, approaching women first, asking on dates, and not being shy about communicating what you want to get from your sugar baby.
Rules of being sugar daddy
There is no such thing as “sugar daddy rules every sugar daddy must follow”. However, sugar dating is not like conventional dating—so there are some things you need to understand about the definition of a sugar daddy before you actually become one.
So, how to be a good sugar daddy?
- Develop goals and think about boundaries. Discussing the boundaries is the very first thing you need to do before you start dating a sugar baby—because if you have completely different views on the boundaries, this will be a serious problem in the future. It’s much better to discuss it in advance. The same is about the goals. What are you looking for from a sugar baby? How do you see your relationship? What are the limits? Think about it first and discuss it with a sugar baby before you even start meeting her.
- Remember that it’s not always about sex. Yes, most sugar relationships are sexual. However, it’s not axiomatic that a woman who wants to be a sugar baby is ready to have sex with a sugar daddy. Discuss it in advance to avoid misunderstandings (and false sexual assault accusations).
- Do your research. If sugar dating is something completely new to you, you should do your research. Secret Benefits or Ashley Madison? PPM or monthly allowance? How to not get scammed? Where to find sugar babies and where should your first date be? There are dozens of questions to be answered if you’re a beginner—and you need to read a lot of articles and guides to find the answers.
How to talk to a sugar baby?
Chatting with a SB is not the same as talking to a random girl on the dating site. To become a pro sugar daddy, you need to understand the peculiarities of communication on sugar dating platforms. Here are the main ones:
- Learn sugar dating slang. There are certain terms like ‘Meet&Greet,’ which means the first date, and abbreviations like PPM (pay per meet) which means sugar baby payment way when sugar mama or daddy pays for each date.
- Be direct about your dating expectations. The big benefit of joining platforms like SugarDaddyMeet or Ashley Madison is that people who register to such sites are not sugarcoating their desires. They are open-minded enough to talk about conditions of arrangements, intimacy, and money. So, there is no need to be shy.
- Be respectful. The most important thing a sugar daddy must know is to treat each woman he faces on his sugar dating journey with respect. Sugar babies are not prostitutes, they are not obliged to be with every man who finds them attractive. You need to respect personal boundaries and treat a woman you choose with respect.
How to spot a fake sugar baby?
Unfortunately, regardless of how good sugar daddy site is, a romance scam still happens. Only in 2021, Americans lost at least $10,000,000 to romance scammers. And this sum is shocking. To avoid being scammed or catfished, you need to know the safety tips for online communication.
One of them is being able to spot a fake profile, even on a good sugar daddy dating website:
- No photos. The mystery is good, but no photo low-effort profiles should not be trusted. But don’t confuse having no photos with anonymity mode on Ashley Madison and similar sites. If a person uses anonymity mode, they have fully or partly blurred photos. If you are curious to see how this person looks, you can exchange photos in chat, and they are not publicly displayed.
- Photos that are too good to be true. Too many filters and photos that are too polished can signify two things: a person uses another woman’s photos, or is extremely insecure with her looks and tries to trick men into thinking that she is thinner, curvier, or more beautiful than she actually is.
- Communication seems automated. Messaging is the easiest way to stop a fake profile, as some scammers use AI programs that write messages, which are not comparable with actual communication.
- Don’t want to meet after a week of chatting online. Taking time to make sure that you are a real sugar daddy is reasonable, but if it’s taking too long, the chances are high that a sugar baby is not playing hard to get but trying to make you emotionally attached to send her money without meetings.
- Asks for expensive gifts before the M&G. If a SB asks for money before a date is usually a red flag, as most SBs are not even get fully paid for the first meeting but just get a small present (or $100-200). If a woman you chat to online asks to send her money for whatever reason, she can be a fake sugar baby.
To avoid falling into bad romance scam statistics, don’t fall for the sweet talk and don’t send money to strangers. Most sugar relationships happen offline, which is why it’s wise to meet your SB first and then consider paying.
Friends with benefits vs. no strings attached
Sugar relationships can sometimes be called NSA (no strings attached) relationships. That’s not how it always works with sugar babies, of course, but if you’re searching for purely sexual relationships in exchange for financial support, that’s definitely an NSA relationship.
You shouldn’t confuse NSA with FWB (friends with benefits)—because, in an FWB relationship, it’s always existing friends who have sex, not people who only meet to have sex. FWB relationships can also eventually turn to something more romantic, while it’s usually a taboo in NSA relationships.
No strings attached: rules
There are three main rules when it comes to NSA relationships. Here are some sugar daddy tips:
- Once there are feelings involved, it’s time to find a new NSA partner.
- Use protection. NSA is a fun thing, but no one wants problems.
- Discuss boundaries and set them in advance.
If you want to date an attractive, young, open-minded lady who understands the boundaries clearly, you should become a sugar daddy. Now when you know how to do that, you see that it’s not that difficult—just pick a reliable platform, follow sugar dating rules, provide regular financial support, and enjoy an exciting sugar lifestyle!
Each sugar relationship is unique, which makes different sugar dating sites suitable for different people. SugarDaddy.com will work the best for people who want to have a wide variety of options, while Secret Benefits is the best option for traditional sugar daddy-sugar baby dating.
To date an attractive sugar baby, you need to be respectful, be able to cover your date’s financial needs, and be good with setting boundaries. When you find a good sugar partner on sites like Ashley Madison, you need to communicate your needs and desires and not be afraid to end the relationship if it feels off.
Sugar baby allowance may vary from $2,800-5,000+; everything depends on the state, intimacy, any special conditions of your arrangement, and the length of your dates. A good sugar daddy also provides additional perks like presents, paid vacations, or paid rent, which are not a part of the allowance.
A professional sugar baby will treat you with respect, fulfill all conditions of your mutually beneficial arrangement, don’t expect more than you negotiated, and be drama free. Women who become sugar babies are aware of staying private and won’t expect you to fall in love or marry them.